Mecomed Project on Empowering Women in MEA MedTech
Cutting edge innovation is unequivocally seen as a success factor for all companies activating in MedTech industry across the world. One of the innovative resources “at hand” but still untapped, that is proven to have a significant impact on companies/team innovation capacity are women. Although many MedTech companies promote diversity and inclusion in the work environment, gender diversity of leadership teams is still an aspiration. Mecomed, as an industry association, is in a unique position that could allow coordination of the whole industry efforts and achieving and reporting some tangible results in this regard.
The project aims to identify:
- the main barriers/challenges that prevent women to reach senior management positions
- possible solutions and actions that can be implemented by Mecomed and its members to address these challenges and create a work environment where women representation in leadership teams mirror the work force gender diversity.
- MECOMED Talent and Human Capital Steering Committee, Communications & Leadership Committees
- MECOMED member companies’: leadership team, internal women initiatives’ groups, all member companies’ employees.
Benefits for Mecomed members:
Get a pool of insights and actionable data that can drive not only industry initiatives, but also new internal initiatives to promote gender diversity in their companies that will increase motivation, engagement, and retention of their entire workforce, increase performance, and create competitive advantage.
Advocacy on Healthcare Data Privacy
Mecomed welcomes MEA countries’ national cybersecurity strategies, aiming to bolster the security of critical data such as the health data, presenting a powerful vision to improve care, expand access to data to drive innovation and national agenda interest while safeguarding the privacy and security of the data for the benefits of UAE citizens, residents, and the economy. In the health sector, the data strategy, and the initiatives of these governments in healthcare will add great momentum and resources to the efforts to digitally transform health ecosystem and achieve desired outcomes.
Mecomed looks forward to working with MEA countries leadership, regulatory bodies, policy makers and all stakeholders to advance the data revolution in healthcare ecosystems for improved health while striking the balance between keeping the data safe, ensuring right to privacy, and unlocking the benefits that data can bring.
COVID-19 Related Policies
- Flexibility to work from home,
- Compliance with relevant labour law changes,
- Priority vaccination for MedTech employees due to high exposure
Coordinating Aid to Suffering Communities
Mecomed coordinated industry efforts in cooperation with MOHAP UAE to support relief to Lebanon after Beirut blast in August 2020
Partnership with International Supply Chain Standards Bodies
In January 2021 Mecomed welcomed GS1, an international supply chain standards body as an associate partner. The successful development and implementation of Global Standards, in alignment with international regulations, increases patient safety, supply chain security and efficiency, traceability and accurate data synchronization in healthcare.